An exciting opportunity has become available due to a restructuring within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Groundsperson to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance Programme and to ensure delivery of excellent playing surfaces at the Clubs Training Ground based in London Colney.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend and Matchday hours and will be based at our Training Ground facilities in London Colney, however there may be a requirement at times to work at our Vicarage Road Stadium.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Training Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Pitch Maintenance - Procedures including but not limiting, mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light maneuvering/maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance - Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
- Machinery - Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
- Liaising with first team/academy coaches and managers
- Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
- Adhere to club’s health and safety procedures
- Manual lifting above 25kg
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- NVQ level 2 Sports Turf or equivalent
- Experience at working at a Football Club and working to the requirements set by the governing bodies i.e. The FA, PL or ELF
- Experience of managing a small team of grounds staff
- Experience of maintenance of football pitches to professional standard
- Spraying certificates
- An understanding of the FIFA laws of the game into the Field of Play.
- Appropriate knowledge of fertiliser application to sand based pitches
- The ability to manage a team to achieve end goals
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team and using own initiative
- Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of the Clubs commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel various locations due to the demands of the role
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- NVQL 3 in sportsturf
- Experience working within a Multi sports environment
- Experience of pitch renovations
- Experience using SGL pitch lights
- First Aid certificate or prepared to work toward the attainment.
- A member of the Institute of Groundsmanship
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that club policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- Please download and complete an application form located on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) http://www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
- Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
- If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) http://www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
- Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.
Wednesday, 6 July 2022 - 7:00pm
£32,000 - £35,000
London & East