Crystal Palace Football Club Academy are looking for a Groundsperson to assist in the Club’s pitch maintenance programme and to ensure the delivery of an excellent playing surface at Selhurst Park Stadium, the Training Ground in Beckenham and the Academy grounds.
You will be responsible for…
- Carrying out grounds maintenance works to the training pitches, stadium pitch and associated grounds and facilities as instructed, to a satisfactory standard.
- Undertaking maintenance of grass areas hedgerows, trees and shrubs.
- Operating machinery and equipment associated with sports pitch and grounds maintenance as instructed.
- Ensuring the machinery and equipment is used correctly and kept clean, and when not in use put back to appropriate storage locations.
- Preparing to work at the Club’s facilities and other leisure sites as hours and day shifts require, these can include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Representing the Club in a professional manner. This is a high-profile role; therefore, you must present with a clean and smart appearance at all times. Club uniform and PPE will be provided by the Club which must be worn on duty.
- Attending industry training courses as instructed by the Head of Maintenance and Facilities and the Pitch and Grounds Manager to maintain and develop the technical skills required for the post.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have…
- Experience in working on professional sports pitches or amenity horticulture
- Competent level of numeracy and literacy
- PA1, 2a and 6 spraying certificates
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent qualification
- Detail Orientated
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Flexible with regards to your working hours
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
Please email your current CV to email@example.com
37.5 hours/ week throughout a 7 day period
Monday, 23 November 2020 - 5:00pm
020 8768 6000