Grounds Person at Gloucestershire County Cricket Club
JOB PURPOSE :
Under supervision, to maintain the playing surfaces and facilities to the required standard for the user.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on a range of sports facilities and surfaces as detailed on work schedules or tickets. Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
- Set up all sports pitches or amenity surfaces. Undertake minor building maintenance and landscaping work.
- Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and work group are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements. Monitor the use of consumable items and spares.
- Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
- Act to ensure subordinate staff are adequately briefed on duties, able to execute them in the correct manner and compete the assigned workload.
- Support and make recommendations to supervisor regarding improved work systems, labour, and machinery utilization.
- Assist in maintaining site security.
- Be flexible and comply to reasonable requests to meet demands of business needs as requested by your line manager.
Skills and abilities (Desirable)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 2 sports Turf maintenance or BTEC First Diploma/First Certificate in Horticulture or City & Guilds National Certificate in Horticulture.
- No less than 2 years prior experience
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety Legislation
- Formal training in manual handling
- Valid driving licences
- Forklift certification
- Access at height certification
- Has a personal commitment to organisational excellence and displays honesty and integrity
- Drive to continue to improve service and customer experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have a practical hands on approach to solutions
- Has the ability to manage time bound tasks
- Manage and maintain a healthy balance between work and life
For further information or if you would like to apply please contact Jane Chappell, HR Manager by email: email@example.com
This Job Description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of areas of major activity and will be amended in the light of changing circumstances at GCCC.
Tuesday, 30 November 2021 - 12:00pm
South West England