Fulham Football Club
Grounds Person – Craven Cottage
We are recruiting for a skilled Grounds Person to join our Team based at the Stadium in Fulham. You will work as part of the Team to maintain and improve the First Team pitch in line with the high standards required by the Head of Grounds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Club pitch is maintained to the highest standards with due care and attention;
- Ensure all machines, tools, equipment, and Club property is maintained and in good working order;
- Work with the Craven Cottage Team to ensure that progress with routine work is communicated and the Head of Grounds is notified of major issues as soon as they are identified;
- Consistent and regular communication with the Head of Grounds and all team members to ensure pitch works, job lists and any other ad-hoc duties are carried out;
- Liaise with outside users/contractors (as required); and
- Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste.
Day to day operational duties will include but are not limited to:
- Mowing, with ride on and hand operated machines;
- White line marking to a high standard;
- Driving tractors & utility vehicles;
- Moving frost covers in the winter;
- Chemical spraying; (If qualified);
- Rolling and spiking of pitches and adjacent areas;
- Irrigation duties including hand watering areas;
We are seeking a candidate who is prepared to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as having the foresight and initiative to undertake work alone. Candidates will preferably have previous experience within a sports turf environment. As a minimum the successful candidate will hold their NVQ L2 in sports turf maintenance or similar qualification. Spraying qualifications would be advantageous.
This is a full-time position which requires regular weekend work and some occasional evenings, around match-days.
Fulham Football Club is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
If you are tenacious, resilient, and passionate about your profession and can add value to our Team, then please apply by filling in the attached application form and submitting your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications could include a Certificate or Diploma in Sports and Amenity Turf Maintenance, Certificate in Practical Horticulture Skills, a Certificate or Diploma in Horticulture or NVQ level 2 in a relevant area.
40 hours per week
Monday, 6 December 2021 - 12:00pm
London & East