King Alfred School (KAS) is a progressive independent school in idyllic grounds in North London. Our independence means that we can be take a holistic approach to education, value the progress young people make in every area and experiment with innovative ideas.
We are looking for a Groundsperson who will work in a small, friendly caretaker team to ensure the grounds and sports facilities are safe, well maintained, and presentable. The postholder will be responsible for providing grounds maintenance support to the School’s main site, Manor Wood, and to the Sports’ Department. They will also look after the School farm and provide some general caretaking support.
- Experience of providing grounds maintenance services in a commercial or not for profit environment
- An appropriate qualification such as the Level 2 Certificate in Sports and Amenity Turf Maintenance or other practical horticultural training
- Experience of the safe and effective use of fertilisers, herbicides, pesticides and insecticides, coupled with a sound knowledge of organic gardening methods and skills in propagation (additional training can be given)
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to receive, record and transmit messages accurately and quickly
- An understanding of health and safety issues appropriate to School grounds and Sports maintenance
- A full, clean driving licence with Cat D and Cat F
Process to apply:
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
Part time, permanent
Mon, Wed, Fri: 7.45am to 12.45pm ; Sat: 8am to 3pm
Monday, 21 June 2021 - 12:00pm
circa £13,500 (FTE circa £24,500)
London & East
020 8457 5200