We are seeking to appoint a Groundsperson to assist with the maintenance of the general condition and availability of the school’s sports facilities. This is an ideal opportunity for an able and enthusiastic person to contribute to and provide strong support to the school’s grounds team. The normal working hours will be based around the core hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, although some flexibility is required to accommodate seasonal variations. There may be the opportunity to undertake more hours.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and maintaining the sports facilities, including artificial surfaces, at the main KCS school site and the sports grounds at Kingsway
- Providing grounds staff support to matches/fixtures when required
- Implementing weekly, monthly and annual agreed maintenance programmes for all facilities, including the Old Boys’ sports pitches.
- Undertaking general maintenance of equipment as directed
- Working with various different types of machinery and equipment to prepare and maintain football, rugby, cricket and hockey pitches, as well as artificial surfaces
- Assisting with light tree pruning, hedge cutting and maintenance of paths, including leaf collection and spraying
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a groundsperson or similar
- A good understanding of field markings
- Experience of mechanical repairs and the ability to mend machinery and make small repairs
- Knowledge and experience of working with synthetic sports pitches/surfaces
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- The ability to work without supervision and prioritise workload according to fixture lists and weather conditions
- A relevant qualification in turf management (NVQ or similar) (desirable)
- A full, clean driving licence (desirable)
Ideally, we are looking for someone with relevant grounds experience, however we would consider applications from candidates seeking a change in career path and have a genuine interest in working outdoors with the school’s grounds team. Full training will be provided for the right person.
To apply for this role, please register your details online via our website www.kcs.org.uk (under useful information / career opportunities). Once you have registered your details with us, you can apply for vacancies by logging into the candidate area using your email address and chosen password.
King’s is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. At King’s we embrace inclusion and fairness in the workplace: diversity is to be celebrated and as such we strive towards a fully immersive culture of inclusion, diversity and equality.
40 hours per week
Monday, 11 July 2022 - 9:00am
Monday, 18 July 2022
£24,000 - £26,585 per annum PLUS excellent benefits (contributory pension scheme, health benefits, discounted member of King’s sports club, lunch during term time)
London & East