St Faith’s School, Cambridge
Grounds & Site Support
St Faiths School is an Independent Prep School for girls and boys aged 4-13 years.
This role is a key appointment in the 4 person, close-knit School Maintenance Team. The focus of the role is to provide grounds work maintenance and site support across the school site, and ensuring that all areas of the school site are safe for operation and maintained to a high standard.
- Formal qualifications in horticulture/sports turf
- A good understanding of general horticulture and specific seasonal related grounds upkeep and maintenance tasks
- Experience and knowledge of the functions relevant to the role, including general horticulture and practical knowledge for site maintenance
- Able to competently and safely carry out the following including: mowing; aeration; fertilising; weed and pest control using tractor mounted and pedestrian machinery; setting out and initial marking for rugby, football, hockey, tennis; and goal post erection.
- Grounds machinery safe operation, maintenance and servicing
- Driving licence (D1 with trailer)
- ‘A’ level qualifications
- IOSH (or equivalent) health and safety qualification
- Fire safety or related qualification
- Pat Testing
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a small team when deputising.
- Pat Testing and site compliance
- Experience with basic problem solving and a good ability in being able to resolve general maintenance issues
- Practical knowledge and understanding. Have the ability to safely operate and maintain range of machinery and equipment in the performance of the post holder’s duties
Process to apply:
Further information and an online application form are available on the School website (please click Menu, Further Information then Vacancies).
St Faith’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
The school welcomes diversity.
- Comply with School data protection and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Adhere at all times to the School’s Child Protection policy and procedures.
- Be aware of and adhere to the School code of conduct and confidentiality.
42.5 hours per week (term time and holidays)
Monday, 19 April 2021 - 5:00pm
£26,743 per annum plus benefits
London & East