This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing family-run business, working with industry-leading suppliers.
Turfix, part of The Pitchmark Group, is an award-winning family business providing premium pitch solutions to the professional sports turf and independent educational sectors.
We are looking for a fun and enthusiastic person to become a valued member of the Turfix team. If you want to become an integral member of a rapidly growing, friendly family business, then apply using the information below.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for an ambitious (current or previous) Groundsman, Greenkeeper or Account Manager to join the successful Turfix team. Your key role will be to identify new business opportunities and generate sales of our product lines, whilst maintaining and developing existing customer relationships. In addition, you will also be tasked with carrying out contracting work, to the same customer base, under the Turfix Services division.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with industry knowledge who will work closely with our world-renowned key suppliers: Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport. With a slogan of ‘Your Turf. Our Passion’, the candidate should be someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic about helping create and maintain the highest standard of sports turf in all environments. Experience of working within the turf and amenity sector using products such as line marking paints, nutritional products or machinery is preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilise the current portfolio and revenue streams to develop new business opportunities within the region and establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers
- Ensure customers have a great understanding of Turfix’s products and services including USPs, features and benefits
- Promote and undertake customer training sessions, demonstrations and contracting works such as GPS-guided line marking
- Achieve financial revenue targets as set out by Turfix
- Maintain high levels of administration via CRM system
- Provide appropriate product and service pricing based on achieving a target net margin
- Attend trade exhibitions, events and educational seminars in addition to potential overseas travel (approx. 5-10 visits per year)
- Maintain a periodic customer call cycle calendar including overnight stays
- Actively promote Turfix’s activities and positively engage with customers using social media
Skills and Attributes:
- Be ambitious, motivated and determined
- Be flexible and adaptable - overnight stays and potential overseas travel may be required
- Be polite, courteous and customer focused
- Be an outstanding communicator and work with minimum of supervision within a team
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and have excellent time management skills
- Be proactive and takes initiative in a logical, highly-driven manner
- Be physically fit - the role will require manual handling/demonstration of products
- Good technical knowledge and experience of working in the turf and amenity sector
- Full and (preferably) clean driving license
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate products
- Experience of project management or facilitation skills
- Willingness and ability to liaise with internal and external departments including, but not limited to, contractors, local authorities and governing bodies
- Comfortable liaising with current suppliers and partners such as Pitchmark, ICL and Harrod Sport
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- Proven record of achieving sales targets
Process to apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would suit this position to email@example.com quoting RAM-10/20 as a job reference. Alternatively, should you wish to have a confidential informal discussion about the above role, then please feel free to contact Oliver Boys on 07950 472216. Thank you.
Visit www.turfix.co.uk for further information on our business. Turfix is an equal opportunities employer.
Regional Account Manager
37.5 hours/week Monday-Friday
Sunday, 15 November 2020 - 5:00pm
£25k - £30k+ depending on experience, plus rewarding and uncapped personal bonus scheme in conjunction with an annual company profit-share bonus. Also includes fully expensed laptop, phone and company vehicle.