Do you have a passion for maintaining the highest possible standards in grounds maintenance and development? If so, we would like to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting a Grounds Person to join our excellent team. You will need to be committed and experienced, with strong knowledge of grounds machinery and sports pitch maintenance.
You will have experience of grounds maintenance, from mowing and aeration to setting out and marking pitches. Ideally, you will be qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf or equivalent.
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is one of Britain’s leading co-educational independent boarding schools. Games and a full sporting curriculum form an integral part of school life at Uppingham. The playing fields and sports facilities, covering approximately 56 acres over three sites, cater for multiple sporting activities throughout the whole year.
In return, we offer
· A strong and supportive staff team committed to raising standards
· An excellent contributory Pension Scheme
· 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank/Public Holidays
· 50% contribution to premiums for the School’s private health insurance scheme (pro-rata for part-time staff)
· Free annual membership of dual-use Sports Centre (£15 joining fee); pro-rata monthly membership for part-time employees
· Access to a range of benefits through the Sodexo benefits platform, including discounts in restaurants, cinemas and shops, together with the Cycle to Work Scheme
For further details and to apply please click here: https://www.uppingham.co.uk/about/employment-opportunities
The closing date for applications is 30th of October 2020.
Uppingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSCiE), including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
Seasonal hours, full time, all year round
Friday, 30 October 2020 - 5:00pm
Circa £20,000 per annum