The Grounds Management Association (GMA) is delighted to announce the names of this year’s panel of judges who will be recognising talent from across the grounds care industry by selecting the winners of the 2022 GMA Industry Awards.
The twelve judges represent a variety of sectors operating in the grounds care industry, and together, will collectively select a winner for each of the nineteen award categories.
Listed alphabetically, the judging panel includes:
- Adrian Kay, Head Groundsman at York Racecourse
- Anthony Facey, Area Sales Manager at Tuckwell Group
- Cheryl Hill, Groundswoman at Leicester Tigers Rugby Club
- David Roberts, Director at Training Unlimited
- Derek Walder, Operations Manager at Saltex
- Jackie Evans, Head of Grounds at Wellington College
- John Wright, Head of Grounds at Southampton Football Club
- Lee Marshallsay, Grounds Manager at Eton College
- Lee Metcalfe, Senior Grounds Manager at Manchester City Football Club
- Nasa Hussain, Head Groundsman and Facilities Manager at Bradford Park Avenue
- Neil Stubley, Head of Courts and Horticulture at the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club
- Stuart Kerrison, Head Groundsman at Essex County Cricket Club
Grounds Management Association CEO, Geoff Webb says:
“The GMA Industry Awards dinner has always recognised all parts of our varied sector by celebrating those who work hard to keep green spaces accessible and make sport possible.
“We are grateful to all of our judges for giving their time to help us recognise the achievements of individuals and teams who are making a real difference in communities, clubs and educational settings across the regions. The GMA Awards are uniquely determined by fellow grounds staff and people who have wide and diverse experience, making the GMA Industry Awards a truly authentic and peer-to-peer-led event.
"I would also like to thank our sponsors, Origin Amenity Solutions, Kubota UK, Redexim, Infinicut, AMS Robotics and SGL, whose support is what makes events like this possible.
“We’re really looking forward to the GMA Awards making its post-pandemic return after two challenging years and we’re delighted to see the nomination entries continuing to flow in. The evening will provide a great opportunity to socialise and celebrate colleagues and peers and I would encourage all in sports turf and grounds care to save the date.”
Full details of the award categories and how to nominate is listed on the GMA website. Nominations must be submitted before 17.00 on Friday 29 July 2022.
The GMA Industry Awards dinner is taking place at The Vox, NEC Birmingham, on the evening of Wednesday 2 November, the evening of the first day of SALTEX.
Tickets to attend the awards will be released on Friday 1 July. To find out more about the purchase of tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss sponsorship packages, please email email@example.com.